P.O. Box 850
Barnesville, Ga 30204
105 Country Kitchen Road
Barnesville, Ga 30204
We Do Not Close for Lunch
The County Tax Commissioner, an elected office established by the Constitution, is the official responsible for performing all functions related to billing, collecting, accounting for and disbursing current and delinquent ad valorem taxes due to the State, the Board of Education and the County. These collections include property taxes, public utility taxes, mobile home taxes and timber taxes. The Tax Commissioner and staff also serve as agents of the State Revenue Commissioner for the registration of motor vehicles.
Homestead Exceptions & Tax Returns
Please note, Homestead Exemptions and Tax Returns are handled through our local Tax Assessors Office.
The Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) is installing a new state-of-the-art system, Georgia Driver Record and Integrated Vehicle Enterprise System (DRIVES), to upgrade and modernize the vehicle registration and titling system . The new Georgia DRIVES system will enable more self-service options, improve customer service, and enhance data integrity.
According to Tax Commissioner Anthony “Our office wants to continue providing excellent customer service leading up to the Memorial Day launch of the Georgia DRIVES system, which will improve efficiencies both in Lamar County and throughout the State. It is important for residents to be aware of which services will not be available leading up to Memorial Day and for them to plan accordingly.”
The Lamar County Tag Office will be closing at noon on Thursday, May 23rd, in order to close out and reconcile the entire GRATIS system and training. We will reopen with the NEW DRIVES system on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
What to Expect: May 24th:
Implementation of the new system will require the vehicle registrations and titling services to be unavailable Friday, May 24.
- County Tag Offices will not be able to process transactions.
- All online motor vehicle related services including online tag renewal services will be offline May 21 – May 27.
How will this impact Georgia customers and drivers?
- In the first month of the DRIVES system, walk-in customers may experience delays and longer than normal wait times. To avoid such delays, Georgia residents with May and June renewal dates are encouraged to renew prior to Monday, May 20.
You may now pay your taxes online with Visa, Mastercard or Discover by visiting www.lamarcountypay.com (3.00% rate applies, $1.50 minimum fee).
Since renewal notices are no longer available you can renew your vehicle registrations in three (3) ways:
- In Person: Drop by the office with your tag numbers and drivers license and we will be happy to assist you.
- Via Telephone: Have your tag numbers and drivers license handy this will speed up your process. To use debit/credit cards via phone there is a 3% fee or $1.50 minimum. **WE KEEP NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARD RECORDS HERE**
- Online: Using the Renewal Identification Number (RIN), a resident may use the RIN look-up tool found on the Department’s website: www.dor.georgia.gov and continue on to renew their registration on line
- Jan 21 (MLK) // CLOSED
- April 19 (Good Friday) // CLOSED
- May 27 (Memorial Day) // CLOSED
- July 4 (Independence Day) // CLOSED
- July 5 // CLOSED
- July 10 // CLOSED
- Sept. 2 (Labor Day) // CLOSED
- Nov 28-29(Thanksgiving)// CLOSED
- Dec 25-26(Christmas)// CLOSED
- January 1 (New Years)// CLOSED
“Come Visit Us in Beautiful Lamar County, Georgia!”