Board of Elections Announcement
Notice to Voters in Lamar County, Georgia
Intent to Process Absentee Ballots Early
Prior to the Closing of the Polls
For the June 9, 2020
General Primary/Special & Nonpartisan Election
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 21-2-386 (a)(1)(G)(4) and State Election Board Emergency Rule 183-1-14-0.7-15 you are hereby notified that it is the intent of Lamar County Board of Elections to begin processing absentee ballots cast during the June 9, 2020 General Primary/Special & Nonpartisan Election beginning at 8:30 AM on Monday, June 8, 2020 and will continue until 5 PM at the Board of Elections Office located at 408 Thomaston Street, Suite D, Barnesville, Georgia 30204. Processing absentee ballots will resume on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 12 Noon at the Board of Elections Office located at 408 Thomaston Street, Suite D, Barnesville, Georgia 30204 and will continue until completed.
The early processing of absentee ballots before the closing of the polls shall be a controlled process in order to maintain the secrecy of all ballots and to protect against the collection or disclosure of any balloting information before the close of the polls at 7 PM on Election Day.
For additional information, you may contact the Board of Elections Office at (770) 358-5235.
At the direction of the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office, the Presidential Preference Primary Election/General Primary Election/Nonpartisan Election & Special Election that was to be held on May 19, 2020 has been postponed until Tuesday, June 9, 2020. The General Primary Runoff Election will be held on August 11, 2020. The voter registration deadline for the General Primary and Runoff Election will be on Monday, May 11, 2020. Votes that were cast early either in person or by mail will be counted at the time of the June 9th election date. All voters that didn’t vote in March will receive a combined ballot and those that did will receive a ballot that excludes the PPP Election.
Early in-person voting is scheduled to begin on Monday, May 18, 2020 and end on Friday, June 5, 2020. Saturday in-person early voting will be held on May 30, 2020. All in-person early voting will be held at the Lamar County Board of Elections Office located at 408 Thomaston Street, Suite D, Barnesville, GA 30204. We are encouraging voters to use the absentee ballot application that was mailed to them by the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office to request an absentee ballot while we’re in this current public health crisis. For more information or to request an absentee ballot, please contact us at (770) 358-5235.
This the 9th day of April, 2020.
Anita Reid, Elections Supervisor
Lamar County Board of Elections and Registration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has designated all counties in Georgia
eligible for low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Georgia small businesses impacted by COVID-19 are now eligible to apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL). Please note the deadline is December 18th, 2020.
How to apply:
- Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
- Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com for more information on SBA disaster assistance.
- Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call (800) 877-8339. Completed applications should be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
The official press release with instructions from the SBA Office of Disaster Assistance is attached and you can visit https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
for more information.
- The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center has 17 offices across the state, covering every county, with consultants available to assist small business owners through the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application process. You can find and connect with your local UGA SBDC office at this Link: UGA SBDC Locations or send a message to our State Office in Athens here: Contact Us. Many of our offices are working remotely, so if you do call and get a voicemail, we will work to return your call as soon as possible.
- COVID-19 Community Resources: GA VOAD and GEMA/HS Community Recovery are working together to provide updated resources for nonprofit and faith-based organizations and the communities they serve. This is an evolving document that will continue to be updated. If you have additional resources to be added please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
LAMAR COUNTY ANNOUCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19
What we are doing:
Lamar County is monitoring national and local recommendations and will continue to update the site above with the latest information and updates.
Plans are in place to respond should any of our communities be directly affected.
What you can do:
Please review and follow all CDC recommendations listed on their website
and on our website above.
Review the CDC Travel Health Notices. If your Spring Break or other travel plans have you going to or through one of the areas affected, please carefully review the advisories and associated recommendations
, which may include self-imposed quarantine for 14 days after your return. Should this be a situation you anticipate, please reach out to the management team so we can discuss possible accommodations for you.
Practice good hygiene to avoid exposing yourself and others during flu season and in the case of COVID-19 appearing in your area.
Authorities have recommended getting the flu shot. While this will not currently prevent COVID-19, it may help you avoid the seasonal flu and prevent additional concerns.
LAMAR COUNTY SENIOR CENTER
THE LAMAR COUNTY SENIOR CENTER will be closed to the Public until June 13th, 2020 because the Health Department has recommended that Senior Citizens take extra measures to lesson the risk of exposure. All Meals on Wheels Clients will continue to receive their scheduled meals as well as the Senior Citizens during this time. The Senior Center Director, Antionette Watts and Staff will report to work as usual during this time.
FOR MORE INFORMATON PLEASE CONTACT THE SENIOR CENTER AT 770-358-5361.