Board of Election Members
Elaine Williams-City of Barnesville Appointee
Bill Christopher City of Milner Appointee
Democratic Party Appointee
Republican Party Appointee
Monica Walters – Secretary
Lamar County Appointee
408 Thomaston Street, Suite D
Barnesville, GA 30204
(Also Serves as the Early / Advanced Voting Location)
The Lamar County Board of Elections and Registration was established on January 1, 2008. The Board consists of a representative from the municipality of Barnesville, municipality of Milner, Democratic Party, Republican Party, and the County Commission.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Elections and Registration Department is to register citizens of Lamar County to vote; to ensure that elections are free, impartial, fair, accurate, convenient and accessible to all voters; to encourage voter participation; to provide excellent customer service to voters, candidates, and the media; and to help the public understand and follow all laws, rules and regulations.
The Department enforces strict adherence to all current Federal, State, and Local laws, as well as the State Election Board Rules concerning registering to vote and voting, and serves all citizens in election related matters.
Registering to Vote
- You must register or change your address at least 30 days before an election in Georgia.
- There are special requirements if you register for the first time in Georgia by mail.
- Once you are registered to vote, you will receive a Voter Precinct Card which lists your voting location and representative districts.
Qualifications to Register
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be a resident of Lamar County.
- You must be at least 17 1/2 years old (but you can’t vote until you turn 18).
Where to Register
- Visit us in person at our office
- Call us at 770-358-5235 and we will mail you an application.
- Register to vote when you get your driver’s license.
- Pick up an application at government service centers, city halls, or senior centers.
- You may print the form, which you must sign and mail in.
- Register at the Lamar County Library when you apply for a library card; or any time you are at the library you may pick up a blank application and mail it in yourself.
When to Register
- The last day to register for any election is 30 days prior to that election.
- Any mail-in applications must be postmarked by 30 days prior to that election.
- If you move, you must notify us 30 days prior to any election.
- If you are not sure if you are registered, please call or email us first. Duplicate registrations cost us a lot of time.
- If you move to another county, you must re-register in that county, using the State of Georgia Application for Voter Registration form. (No other forms, even if we send them to you, will “work” to register you in another county.) Note: If you move within Lamar County you must notify us 30 days prior to any election.
- If you have moved at all, do not assume you are still registered. You must notify us of your new address.
Registering to Vote for the First Time in Georgia by Mail
If the first time that you register in Georgia you do it by mail, there is an additional requirement: Enclose a copy of one of the allowable types of I.D. in the same envelope with your registration application. If you forget to enclose your I.D. with your application, it could delay your voting process the first time you go to the polls.
Early Voting will be held Monday, April 5, 2021 through Friday, April 9, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Lamar County Board of Elections & Registration Office, 408 Thomaston Street – Suite D, Barnesville, Georgia 30204.
Remember, there is no Saturday voting for this election and no voting the Monday before the election. All polling precincts will be open on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Absentee ballot applications can be downloaded from the My Voter Page at https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do. For more information please call us at (770) 358-5235.
Public Notice for Computation and Canvassing of Returns
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 21-2-492 notice is hereby given that the computation and canvassing of the returns of votes cast in the April 13, 2021 Special Election Runoff will take place at the Board of Elections and Registration Office located at the Lamar County Administration Building, 408 Thomaston Street Suite D, Barnesville, Georgia, on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 beginning at 7:00 am.
Precincts for Lamar County
District 1-Barnesville-Lamar County Library-401 Thomaston Street-Barnesville, Ga.
District 2-A-Chappell Mill Volunteer Fire Department-Parker Branch Road-Barnesville, Ga.
District 2-B-Senior Center Building -Veterans Parkway-Barnesville, Ga.
District 2-C-Redbone Community House-Community House Road -Barnesville, Ga.
District 3-Lamar County Service Center-Academy Drive -Barnesville, Ga.
District 4-Milner Community Library -159 Main Street Milner Ga
Forms & Resources
“Come Visit Us in Beautiful Lamar County, Georgia!”